Wednesday, August 29, 2012

#4: Homework

Political Anarchism With The Government
            The two words together form political anarchism.  They mean together “The theory or doctrine that all forms of government are oppressive and undesirable and should be abolished. 2. Active resistance and terrorism against the states (www.thefreedictionary.com/Anarchism (political).  This is the best way I found to understand the words written by Michael Benton in his work called “My Understanding of Anarchism.” I have a hard time understanding the different sides of government as far as political parties, and how they try to run how individuals feel the government should operate such as how right-libertarians that want to limit the use of government in most things and rather have the private sector operate these things.  The left- libertarians want more autonomy in to someone’s life to control.  People changing things with the government are a type of anarchism that political parties use to their behalf to better themselves or how they feel the government should run.  People who believe in anarchism also feel that the government should be in place, but with a smaller amount of authority.  I also like how Mr. Benton stated “liberty = individual responsibility + consensus decision making + cooperative learning + participatory economics.”  This helped me better understand how someone feels about the word liberty.  Liberty to me means the freedom to choose.  I clearly have a limited knowledge of how this word can mean to someone else.  Philosophy is another word that I did not fully know what it meant until reading the article by Wikipedia called “Political Philosophy”.  The article says that philosophy is the study of something such as politics, justice, or legal code.  I thought philosophy was the thought process for a higher education level.  I was wrong until I read this article.  I still do not have a full grasp of government, but after reading this, and taking a test last class, I feel more knowledgeable on what types of government there are here in the United States. 

No comments:

Post a Comment