Saturday, October 20, 2012

Some people got treated like "dirt" in the past for Assignment 8

Where I was from in the state of Maine, people just did their thing and may have talked about someone, but they did not segragate the way I saw it in the film on Wednesdays class.  I am pleased that descendents of Africa wanted to have equal rights that they deserved back then and now.  It does not make a darn bit of difference what someone looks like or how dark their skin is.  We all eat, communicate, and poop the same way!  Cultures have different ways, and sometimes I may not like a trait I see, but it is not for me or anyone else to discriminate anyone for where they were originally from!  If anything, learn from any indivudual.  You may like somthing they may do, and want to do it yourself!  I was astonished in the brief film we saw how busses got burnt because of what they felt.  Heck, they wanted to get from point A to point B without any issues of skin darkness.  Sorry, i am not the most pleasing person to talk to about segregation.  I hate it how when asked here in Kentucky to describe someone, they ask wether they are "black or white", and I HATE IT when asked that.  To me it is offensive, and maybe if they asked what location their descendents were from I may not feel as annoyed in giving a description of someone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment